Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Little Things That Make Me Happy...

Just some pics of things that have made me happy while being here so far. Whether it's foods I've missed, places that make me feel like I'm back home, or a little yawning punk whom I look forward to seeing after work each day...

Mexican food, made by Mexicanos (yes, I looked in the kitchen and asked!):

JalapeƱos!!!1!111!!!!1!!!!



I can't tell you how much I had been pining away for a burrito. Well, actually, I think i DID tell some of you...over and over and over again. The fact that this was a 30 minute subway ride and a 20 minute walk away made it even more tasty!


Next! 

I knew I was having severe burrito withdrawals but I didn't think I wanted this food so much until I actually had it:


Chicken Tikka Masala and two orders of BUTTER Naan bread!!!11!1!!!!1


Yeeeeeaaaaah, boyyyyyyy!

On a recent trip to Everland (aka Korea's answer <read: rip off> to Disneyland), I found these...




For the past 20 years, I couldn't just walk in to a store and find pre-made Chun Li cuffs, I'd have to special order them from some cosplay joint or make them myself (yeah, THAT's gonna happen). But I found these at Everland, just hanging on a non-descript rack in their main retail store. WTF?! Regardless, even though I won't be ready with a full costume until next year, I am ecstatic that I finally have the elusive cuffs.

Next!

Going to Costco at home was just a shopping trip. Going to Costco here is a rare field trip. A 40 minute train ride and 10 minute cab ride later, I finally made it!




It's smaller than the ones at home and the aisles are not nearly wide enough to hold the masses, but it did give me a sense of hominess to see the familiar bulk items on sale. But while perusing the various items, I came across this:


I don't think I really need to add anything to that (besides the big yellow arrow and text). 

And then, I hit the jackpot:

Guess what I had for lunch today? A thick, gooey, cheese quesadilla. Am in my happy place. Since I bought this at Costco, there are 40 tortillas in the bag and the cheese will last me a month in the freezer.

Last, but not least of the things that make me happy, is this little one who welcomes me home from work by glomping onto my thigh (only when I wear jeans -- somehow she knows) or mewling excitedly until I pick her up:




All in all, these things have made me miss home a little less. Just a little.










2 comments:

  1. I almost hate to ask this, but what are you going to do with kitty when it's time for you to come home??? I feel a heartbreak coming on... ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i wouldn't be able to part with her. she's coming home with me when i'm done here.

    ReplyDelete